Promoting Student Agency with the new My Lesson Dashboard
Giving students the tools to monitor and track their own lesson completion and performance allows them to take control of their learning. The new My Lesson Dashboard provides students with information on lesson status (completed vs. not started vs. in progress) and includes grades for any scored lesson steps. New icons and sortable columns help students easily find the work that needs to be completed and linked lesson steps help students jump right into the lesson and finish any incomplete assignments.
The Dashboard has 4 tabs: Class Lessons, Not Started, In Progress, and Completed
- Search bar: allows students to search within that page
- To clear, press Search again!
Class Lessons Tab
- Lesson, Lesson Type, Assigned (whether teacher assigned it), Next Step, Featured and Due
- When you enter the page, it is sorted by most recent and teacher-assigned first. Students can adjust this by selecting the arrow next to either 'Assigned' or 'Featured' to sort accordingly!
- Same sorting as Class Lessons
- Students can select 'Next Step' button to directly access that lesson & step (i.e. read, ready, respond)
- Also possible from the 'Class Lessons' Tab!
- Lets students see exactly where they are in a lesson
- Under 'Progress', students can hover to see where they are and if they already submitted work
- Updates as soon as the lesson is completed and will move it to the 'Completed' Tab!
- Allows students to see quickly & easily how they are performing!
- Under 'Completed', it shows Part 1 (1st and 2nd try scores) along with colored temperature gauges for the scores listed
- If there are any multi-part lessons completed, those will be listed as well
- Activity Results shows activity scores and grades (written response grades from teacher and comments!)
Print Preview button
- This gathers what is listed on the page to print