Achieve3000 includes LevelSet, a Lexile placement test that is administered at least two times yearly.
Research shows that children must complete a minimum of 40 Activities in order to make significant academic progress. Achieve3000 recommends completing at least two Activities per week, for a total of 80 Activities over the course of a ten-month school year. Since children do not usually achieve significant gains until they have completed 40 Activities, we do not advise you to analyze Lexile gains before your children have met the 40-Activity usage goal.
To help track Lexile gains through the year and to monitor children's progress towards college and career readiness, parents can access the Performance Reports:
1. From the Home Edition main page, open the menu (≡) and select “Reports”
2. Click to expand Performance Reports.
3. Select the desired report.
4. The page that appears has a series of drop-down boxes. Use them to customize your report as desired.
5. Click View Report.
6. To export the report into an Excel spreadsheet, click Export to Excel at the top of the screen. If you are prompted to open or save, click the desired option.
7. To print the report, click Send to Printer at the top of the screen.
NOTE: College & Career Readiness is measured by a student's current Lexile score and grade level. To learn more about how this is measured, be sure to review this chart.