1. If using an external headset with microphone, please confirm that they are connected to
the correct port(s) on your device.
2. Open “System Preferences” and click on “Sound” (Sound window will open).
3. Click on the “Output” tab and click the correct device you will listen to playback of
recordings with (for example, “External Headphones”).
4. For audio recording level adjustments, click on the “Input” tab.
5. Click the correct device you will use to record with (for example, “External
Headphones”) and adjust the microphone level by sliding the “Input volume” button
while speaking into the microphone.
6. Close the Sound window and test in an app that records audio.