Achieve3000 provides students with many opportunities to write. In addition to the 5-Step Literacy Routine, Achieve3000 includes a Writing Center with a wealth of resources to help students perfect their writing skills:
- Writing Process Topics - Topics are available for specific organizational strategies (e.g., cause and effect, sequence of events, compare & contrast). Students will see a writing prompt and then read a related Article. They also have access to appropriate graphic organizers. They then craft a response through the Writing Process that includes the following steps: Read, Prewrite, Draft, Revise/Edit.
- Timed Writing assignments- These are designed to give students practice with timed writing, which is often required for state exams. The prompts are designed to imitate a testing environment and the activities include a timer so students can learn to pace themselves when writing.
- Revising and Editing assignments- These multiple-choice activities give students an opportunity to practice error identification and error correction.
- Mechanics- These online mini-lessons cover basic grammar, writing mechanics, and process writing skills in a fun, engaging manner.
- Printable graphic organizers- Use these to help students organize their writing across the curriculum.
Students can access the Writing Center at any time and select from the list of prompts. Teachers can also assign these to students, which will appear in a student's Inbox on the scheduled day.
To Access the Writing Center
1. From the top of any page within the Student Edition, open the menu (≡) and and select Writing Center.
2. Click the desired category on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Click the title of a lesson or assignment.
4. Read and complete the lesson or assignment.