Teachers can only reset a student's LevelSet score if their performance was flagged as "Potentially Invalid" by the system. In order to be considered potentially invalid, students must either complete the assessment:
- Too quickly (under 5 minutes)
- Too slowly (over 1 hour)
- With a patterned response (AAAA, ABCABC, etc)
Under these circumstances, teachers can re-administer the student's assessment by following the steps below.
- Log into Teacher's Edition
- Open the "Reports" page
- Under "Assessment Tools", locate the "Potentially Invalid Levelset Administrations" report
- Scan the report to locate your student. If the student is listed on the report, you can confirm their assessment as valid or invalid on the right-hand side. If you confirm a student as "Invalid", their assessment will be redeployed the next time they sign in during Supervised Work Time.
- Be sure to click "Save" at the bottom of the page
To avoid overexposure to test items and ensure test re-administration is used judiciously, requests for re-administration* must otherwise go through the Support Team. Please contact Support with the student's full name & ID number and we would be happy to reset the test for them!
*Please know that you may only re-administer LevelSet once per student per testing occasion. To help ensure the re-administered assessment results in a valid score, please prepare both the student and the testing environment.